Winterberry Farm Primitives

This blog is now devoted to gardening with native plants with a focus on those species native to the east coast of the United States. With an MS in Agricultural Science from the University of Delaware and my love of native plants, I hope to help folks see the beauty and necessity of using native plants in your garden instead of exotic plants. Did you know that our native song birds and native insects are disappearing as our local environments continue to change?
For those who come to this page to see my 'Winterberry Farm Primitives' blog can now be found at http://winterberryfarmprimitivesshopblog.blogspot.com/ where I will post new additions to my online antiques shop at http://www.winterberryfarmprimitives.com/ and discuss various subjects about primitive antiques.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The winner of the November Update revealed!

Hi everyone!
Things were so crazy yesterday that I forgot to announce the winner of the November Update Door Prize! Linda Tuttle is the winner of the door prize this time - Congrats to Linda! The sitting pinecone Santa will be on his way to Linda on Friday and I hope she loves him as much as I do! I have also had several questions on whether or not I will have a December Update and the answer is a rousing YES! I wasn't sure if I would have another update before Christmas but I now plan to have one on December 10th - that is a Thursday - and I would like to make it a Christmas update with an emphasis on vintage Christmas items. I will also scour the Delaware area for more old boxes, buckets and sieves! I think I like the 'scouring the Delaware area" the best!
I would also like to wish everyone a great big HAPPY THANKSGIVING and a great holiday weekend! To that end, I would like to share a pumpkin cake recipe that I recently found on mixingbowl.com

It was originally called: Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing, BUT I changed it around a bit and I call it:



Scrumptious Punkin Cake

Preheat oven to 350F

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil
1 (16 oz) can of pumpkin (pure pumpkin)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spices (my addition)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix everything together and pour into UNGREASED 13 x 9" pan. Bake 55 minutes and remove from oven and THEN (my addition) instead of the cream cheese icing - mix together 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup milk to a drizzle consistency. Pour this mixture over the still VERY hot cake, allow to cool a bit and dig in!
Serve this as dessert along with the punkin pies and you will get rave reviews!

Have a great Thanksgiving and don't get too crazy on Black Friday!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Linda & thanks for the recipe, Susan. Can't wait to get my goodies.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete