Winterberry Farm Primitives

This blog is now devoted to gardening with native plants with a focus on those species native to the east coast of the United States. With an MS in Agricultural Science from the University of Delaware and my love of native plants, I hope to help folks see the beauty and necessity of using native plants in your garden instead of exotic plants. Did you know that our native song birds and native insects are disappearing as our local environments continue to change?
For those who come to this page to see my 'Winterberry Farm Primitives' blog can now be found at http://winterberryfarmprimitivesshopblog.blogspot.com/ where I will post new additions to my online antiques shop at http://www.winterberryfarmprimitives.com/ and discuss various subjects about primitive antiques.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Treasures from our last antiquing trip!


Hello everyone!
We were out and about on another trip this last week and found some wonderful things!!! I always love to find something for a great price and boy did I find a good one! The dough box in the picture was such a good price that I had to check with the shop owner before I could believe it. The color is an old pumpkin/red color and the dovetails are fantastic. It has to be from an old bakery or some other commercial or large farm (?) because it is so big. It is missing its top but I love it! It has taken over the 'ionic' spot that is part of my logo but it looks wonderful! I also found a few other things to add to the January Update if I can bear to part with them! I have pictured the items below and will be adding them (or some of them!) to the January Update tomorrow! (http://www.picturetrail.com/winterberryfarm) More blogging this afternoon but now I am off to the university!

No comments:

Post a Comment