Winterberry Farm Primitives

This blog is now devoted to gardening with native plants with a focus on those species native to the east coast of the United States. With an MS in Agricultural Science from the University of Delaware and my love of native plants, I hope to help folks see the beauty and necessity of using native plants in your garden instead of exotic plants. Did you know that our native song birds and native insects are disappearing as our local environments continue to change?
For those who come to this page to see my 'Winterberry Farm Primitives' blog can now be found at http://winterberryfarmprimitivesshopblog.blogspot.com/ where I will post new additions to my online antiques shop at http://www.winterberryfarmprimitives.com/ and discuss various subjects about primitive antiques.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hello! I am still here!!!!


Hello everyone!!!
We went antiquing the other day - to find things for the shop (and us, of course) and found this great apothecary originally from New England! It is wonderful and definitely mid-19th century!
As always, you can find updates about our home at http://www.picturetrail.com/winterberryfarm - so come on over and say Hi!
I bet y'all thought I had gone and gotten myself lost somewhere! Well, I did! I was lost in .com land!! I have been working for the last couple of weeks to set up my new website at: http://www.winterberryfarmprimitives.com and it has been a long and tiring job to get everything set up, but I think it was worth it! I have put a link on the right side of the blog so you can just click on it to get to the new site! I have also been VERY busy with my research AND my advisor has added another year of research and writing to my work so I will not graduate until December 2011!!!!!! Just in time to retire! LOL!
While all this has been going on, my hubby was laid off starting June 1st! The refinery where he worked was slated to be shut down but it has been bought by a new company that has already started to refurbish and get it ready to reopen some time early next spring. Hubby is supposed to start back by October or November (it may be even sooner) so in the meantime, we are getting things done around the house and taking a few short trips. The refinery where he works is the only one on the east coast of the US that can process sour crude (crude oil from the Middle East) and I was sure it would never actually be shut down, but it was scary until it was announced in April that it had been sold! Yeah!! A lot of thanks goes to our great governor here in Delaware and his staff who worked tirelessly to get the deal done. They also were able to get a deal with Fisker Automotive to start producing electric cars in the old GM plant here in Delaware. All in all over 3000 people will be brought back to work thanks to their quick thinking and determination to get the state 'back to work'. Thank you, Governor Markell!!!!
So, it has been very busy here at the "Farm" and as things settle down, I will be back to blog more often. Still have to talk about the great native plant: Amsonia tabernaemontana and other great natives!

No comments:

Post a Comment